Nov 4, 2007

knowledge system of Geomorphology education

What is Geography's knowledge system? Even does it exit?
I do believe it's almost mission impossible?  not just due to its cross disciplines but its on going changing on nature. I do struggle on the issue which where is the knowledge system of geography's sub-disciplines!
Until now I  try  to find out the knowledge system on Geomorphology. Last week I ask Dr. Shensm whether there is any book about the knowledge system. She suggested me to type some key words like fundamental or principle...therefore I try to find  some  materials on internet and get a book("Fundamentals of Geomorphology").  Just  as  Shensm  said it is not what I am looking for. It just remind me another great book--To Interpret the Earth: Ten Ways to Be Wrong . But again, it's not what I want!

Therefore I surf on some journals database and try to find out some useful stuff. Now  I do believe the knowledge systems of ''Geomorphology research'' and ''Geomorphology education'' should be very different. and I begin to think if there is no definitely knowledge system for Geomorphology education or it has but it depends on social or educational context, what can I do?  The question suddenly shifts to what is Geomorphologists' knowledge system for Geomorphology education? If there is no conclusion on it? Where can I
find the solution?
Then I found an interesting tool--concept mapping.  Is there any research dealing with it on geomorphology education? hehe....Thanks for scholar google! Here we are--Psychometric and Edumetric Validity of Dimensions of Geomorphological Knowledge.
It's from Israel.
Is it possible to collect geomorphologists ' concept mapping for Geomorphology education and set up it as the knowledge system of our high school geomorphology education?


Blogged with Flock

No comments: