Oct 9, 2007

New launching of my critical reading blog!

    Here is Wang! Also you can just call me Happy(by Chinese pronunciation, it means I get the dark skin) like most of my friend call me! :)
    Actually this is my second blog. The first one is call LinKGIS which is host by Yam Blog and the topics around the blog always link with the issues of high school geography teaching(not necessary link to GIS  :P). Also I use it as a platform to communicate with my students and colleagues. That Blog does work well although  I upload new articles very slowly during the recent days :P.  So why  I launch this new blog? Most of my friends just wonder....the main reason is that I am struggling with my PhD degree!
    I am just a freshman of Geography department of NTNU.And until I meet my supervisor Jeremy Chen(he is the main reason why I decide to pursuit my PhD degree), I get to realize although this department can not afford me many help on the category(using ICT on Geography teaching) what I hope to investigate. In order to attend my goal, it seems I have to help myself. Therefore I launch this blog for three purposes:

1.Critical reading
    Firstly I would deal with critical reading. And I would try to upload those reading materials on somewhere(until now I use google page). If anyone of my classmates of teachers do interest about it, I can share the materials and communicate with them more easily.

2.Figuring out what I am going to investigate
    Although  I did have proposal, it should be more restricted and even redirected.  So I hope as more reading and materials I get, I can find the real academic hole worthy of digging.

3.Communicate with others  
    I do believe there are a lot of teachers or researchers dealing are practicing and studying in this area. Why I dealing with my critical reading by blog is it could be a great platform for communication. If any topic does interest you guys, please don't hesitate to comment and even join the discussion.

I do not suppose how you guys would use this platform, hope everyone would like to surfing here in the future.

                 

Blogged with Flock

No comments: